• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailing after market decals info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailing after market decals info

hi guys,

okay i tried explaining things to a buddy with after market decals etc...

but i would just like some of you to chime in on this so he can see for himself.

how long should you wait to wax your car after getting aftermarket decals done?

is it smart to go over them using the PC?

or should they be avoided totally especially along the edges?

i know factory decals are cured and what not, so will the edges peel up on after market decals if waxed too soon with a PC?

cheers

THANK YOU

After watching Mikes videos, he is delicate even just washing over them.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

oh yeah i know that. he passes over them very delicate just once or so.

but how long should you wait after getting them done?

Comment

I waxed my aftermarket decals about 3 weeks after applying them. I always go over them by hand, and a little more gentle than the rest of the car. My graphics are rather wide (they're the Nismo package for those that are familiar with them), so I really only have to worry about the very ends peeling. I treat them with care whenever working around them, and 6 months later they are holding up just fine. That's my two cents on the issue.
        2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Turbo
        2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');