• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keeping a car clean between washes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping a car clean between washes

I have often wondered this? As I have mentioned before I have an 06 Black Wrangler. As anyone who has a black vehicle knows, keep it clean for any long period of time is next to impossible. Especially in PGH where it rains all the time. Being such a fanatic, whenever I see spots of dirt, mud, bugs etc on my ride I usually try to clean it on the spot. I am not sure if that is the best policy because I do not want to scratch my paint. I often have bad nitemares that if I don't clean my surface right as soon as it gets dirty then it will get ruined. I usually clean my ride 2X a week. Once in the begining of the week and once towards the end. I always use meguiars quick wax and I use quick detailer to remove the dirt between washes.

Honestly, leaving dirt on there for a few days between washes, does this cause any harm to your paint or am I just being banal? Thanks for the input.

Re: keeping a car clean between washes

After I wash my car the next day I'm outside wiping it down with QD. And the day after that to. Call me crazy but it keep's the car clean.

Comment

For light dust I will use Meguiars Versa-Angle Body Duster fist then follow up with some Quik Detailer and Supreme Shine Microfiber. IMO this is the safest way to clean light dust off a black vehicle. When in doubt wash.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Like any other surface cleaning, the duster and QD are best done when the surface has cooled. My car is garaged at night but in the sun all day. In the morning I'll wipe with the duster and, if they're small, touch up a few spots with the QD. Much more than that is left until the next bath.

Mort

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
          For light dust I will use Meguiars Versa-Angle Body Duster fist then follow up with some Quik Detailer and Supreme Shine Microfiber. IMO this is the safest way to clean light dust off a black vehicle. When in doubt wash.
          this is exactly what I do also. I have a black Honda Pilot. If it stays in the garage, I dust it, then use QD with a supreme shine microfiber every couple of days. When I take it out and drive it, I dust and QD after I get back...of course, after the car cools

Comment

Leaving a small amount of dirt on the truck for a few days will not harm the paint. If you are talking bird droppings or smashed bugs then it's a different story. As Meguiar's likes to say "any time you touch the paint you have the possability of scratching the surface". So I guess the balance is deciding when you have too much dirt on the surface to safely remove with either QD or a duster. I draw the line at dust personally. If it's any more than pollen or dust from the garage on the paint then I will wait until I can give it a proper wash instead of reaching for the QD.
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');