• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsoon Prep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Prep?

It's just about that time of year here in Arizona. For those unfamiliar, a typical day is as follows: 100+ degree heat until about noon, black clouds take over, violent rain storms and high wind then baking sun to finish the day. Does anyone have any special prep or treatment for a daily driven vehicle?
    2006 Honda Accord EXV6, 2003 Aprilia RSV Tuono, lots of Meg's products.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...500&ppuser=832

Get a car cover. Keeps both the rain and the hot sun off the finish.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Don't foreget the pre-blasting by the wall of dust that usually comes before hand.

Serioiusly though a few coats of wax helps provide a sacraficial barrier to the paint I've found. Keeping the car out of it is best if possible. A covercraft weathershield car cover is probably your best bet if you don't have a garage. Ther are custom fitted to your car and won't come off in the wind. Also if possible if the cars out in it, try and get the water off as soon as possible. Just some things I've found over the past few years. None the less monsoon season is fun.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Sounds like you guys have it rough!...I've heard of your monsoon season before.
        r. b.

Comment

Where's a Delorean when you need one?

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, if I didn't know better I'd say that door's a repaint, LOL!

Must be the lighting, huh?

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');