• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DACP and a rotary! (need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DACP and a rotary! (need help)

I detailed two neglected cars this past weekend. After claying the surface, I began with a rotary, medium cut-Edge 2000 pad and Meg’s #84 Compound Power Cleaner. After removing the paint defects I then proceeded with a polishing pad (Edge 2000) with #83 DACP. I ‘m having problems with DACP gumming up with the polishing pad and the rotary. I have tried varying speeds. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? The first combination worked flawlessly and I can follow up with DACP and a PC if I need to, but I can’t figure out what’s up using the rotary. If I run close to an edge, I get a large smear of product that is mostly dry. Does this sound like a speed issue? It's almost like the product is clinging to the pad and not working into the surface.
    Last edited by gman39120; Jun 22, 2004, 05:34 AM.
    "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill

I've heard other with this complaint and have had it happen a couple of times myself...FOR ME, it seemed like it happened around corners, or object if I wasn't paying perfect attention...
    ...now I pay perfect attention and haven't had any probs...

like I said, may not apply in your case, but that seemed to be an important factor in mine

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');