• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use what?

Hey, I’m new to this site and the whole detailing thing as well. I have got on Meguiar’s website and did the “Rx Plus Recommendation” questioner for both my 1999 Chevy Tahoe and my 2005 Pontiac G6. It gave me a whole lot of product recommendations, but I’m not sure if I’m more confused now then I was before or what. Anyway, I’ve read on here about the wash, clean, polish, protect and then maintain method, but can someone explain this in a little more detail? If I bought all the products they recommended, I’d be spending over a hundred dollars. Now, I don’t mind spending the money, but I want to make sure what I’m buying is the right stuff, and how I should use them to get the best results.

Here’s a list of the products

Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner
    Quick Clay Detailing System
    NXT Generation Tech Paste Wax (not sure what’s the best and easiest to use between liquid, wax and spray)
    NXT Generation Speed Detailer
    Gold Class Protectant Wipes
    NXT Generation All Metal Polysh
    Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner & Conditioner
    Gold Class Carpet & Interior Cleaner
    PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish
    Mirror Glaze Glaze Plastic Detailer
    Ultimate Wipe
    Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray (Trigger)
    NXT Generation Glass Cleaner

Re: How to use what?

to MOL

While i am sure someone will go into more detail, I ll try to touch base real quickly.

Washing. Purchase a good quality wash like Gold Class or NXT wash.

Clay. Great for all types of cars, old or new, its a good idea to clay. That will help remove some surface grim that you usually dont see. Again, good for even new cars.

Cleaner(DC1). Good for 'cleaning' the paint. Basically more prep work.

Polish(DC2, or Pro #7). This will help give the actual shine to your paint.

Wax x2. All of meguiars waxes are great. My new fav is Pro #26. A great everyday consumer wax is NXT Tech. Paste or Liq. I like paste better. If you use a machine, Liq is a better way to go. I say wax x2 as it is a good idea to wax once, wait an hr, and wax it again.

Basic outline is:
    Wash
    Clay
    Cleaner
    Polish
    Wax x2

Other stuff you listed is pretty self explanatory...Glass cleaner for glass..NXT Generation All Metal Polysh for exhaust tips..etc etc..

Again I am sure someone will chime in with more details.
    2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

im bumping this cause this weekend im going to work on my friends,
      do i need to dc1 or dc2 more then 1 time or just wax twice?

Comment

You only need DC2 (or any pure polish) once.

Now, with cleaners like DC#1 and ScratchX, etc, if the car is super dirty, scratched, etc, then two or more well worked in applications could be needed. Espeacialy with ScratchX and tough swirls.

But, if you are going to use DC#1, it is not a product to remove swirls with, mainly dirt, etc, and it will almost always do that in one worked in pass.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If you want to reduce the number of steps a great combo is ColorX and NXT. I love Colorx, IMO it is one of Meguiars best products. It cleans so good that you may not even need clay!

Comment

thanks for the advice guys!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');