• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to Use to Apply Material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Use to Apply Material?

Just wondering what fabric should be used when applying the various cleaners and waxes?

I've read the different types of materials when washing and drying, but I can't seem to find information regarding application of cleaners and waxes.

Thanks!
    Matt
    2007 Lexus RX350
    1998 Acura Integra

Re: What to Use to Apply Material?

I like the foam ones. You can also use a terry towel if you want.

Scott

Comment

And the same applies for removal?
      Matt
      2007 Lexus RX350
      1998 Acura Integra

Comment

While terry cloth can add a little more bite to products like ScratchX, I have also had it leave marring behind that then needs cleaned up with ScratchX and a foam pad.

I would just stick with the Hi-Tec Foam Applicator pads for everything for the most part, though you can use Even Coats for waxing if you wanted, and espeacialy spray waxes.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Use the Supreme Shine Microfiber for removal. I've always used other brands of microfibers until a friend let me use her Meguiar's, WOW. I bought a dozen since then. The Meguiar's Supreme Shine are super nice towels.

And by the way... Welcome to Meguiar's Onlne
          Scott

Comment

Thanks! Glad to be here. And how do you wash your microfiber towels since I'm sure they soil quickly if you use them for wax removal.
            Matt
            2007 Lexus RX350
            1998 Acura Integra

Comment

Since you should only be applying a very very thin layer of wax, there actualy wont be a lot to remove.

I just toss them in the washing machine.. Wash terry cloths together, and microfiber products together.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');