• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I let it dry or not...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I let it dry or not...........

Usually use NXT wax, which I apply then allow to dry and wipe off. Just bought step 1, 2 & 3 Deep Crystal Cleaner, Polish and wax. When applying them do I wipe on / wipe off or allow to dry to a haze first?

Re: Do I let it dry or not...........

Waxes are the only products you need to let dry. A polish can be removed after it is worked in to the finsh and is still wet.
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS View Post
      Waxes are the only products you need to let dry. A polish can be removed after it is worked in to the finsh and is still wet.
      Just adding to MaximusZTS comment.... If you let a paint cleaner or polish dry they can become difficult to remove. Like mentioned above work the product in (say a 2X2 area) then remove damp. Just keep doing this over the entire vehicle.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Moved out of the "Meguiar's FAQ" forum and into Detailing 101 which is where general questions should be posted.

Thank you.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

There is so much information in the "Information Station", like this article,

Which products need to dry before removing?

When it comes to paint care, often times we'll have members post to our forum, which products and procedures they're using to detail their car. In the process they'll mention how long they let products like ScratchX, or Deep Crystal Polish, or #7 Show Car Glaze, or M80 Speed Glaze dry before they removed it.

A common question that comes up often on our forum and over at our Customer Care Hotline is,
          • "How long should I let a paint cleaner dry?"

or

"How long should I let a polish dry?"
          This is a common mistake and/or misconception about these non-wax products, or in other words product meant to leave protection behind on the finish after removal. With this article, we hope to shed some light on this topic and clear up any confusion there may be on which products need to dry before removing them from the paint.

When working inside the Meguiar's line of product, whether that's our Consumer Line, our Professional Line, or even our Mold Release Line, the only products that need to dry, and the only products you should allow to dry are our waxes.

All other products are formulated and meant to be applied, worked-in and then removed immediately afterwards. This would include,
          • Compounds
          • Paint Cleaners
          • Cleaner/Polishes
          • Pure Polishes
          All Meguiar's waxes should be applied, worked-in and then allowed to dry until they pass the Swipe Test.

This would include all Meguiar's paste waxes, liquid waxes and even our spray-on waxes.

We hope this helps...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');