• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabric Softener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fabric Softener

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
    I didn't realize that either but sure enough on the front of the APC gallon jug:
    ----
    Ideal for reconditioning all interior surfaces
    Active foaming action lifts dirt
    Fabric Softeners & optical brighteners for luxurious results

----

Also checked APC+ and it doesn't list them in the bottle just states that is that is leaves fibers soft.

Wow, I guess we learn something new all the time. I guess it really pays to read the label!
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Re: Fabric Softener

Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange View Post
      That's what I thought too, but after seeing fishbonezken's post I checked the description on the Meguiar's e-commerce site and sure enough:

This should also clear up those threads about using it on leather!

I will stand by assessment though....I don't use much APC in the wash, but it goes into the earliest portion of the wash cycle and I'm sure the majority of it get's washed out. Let's face it, a very small amount of softener will likely have no detrimental effects.

Sort of like comparing falling off the curb with falling off your house. Both are falling, but in different degrees, and with different consequences.

I agree with you as well, I pre-treat my buffing pads, foam pads and MF's with APC at the dirty spots and they come out clean and fluffy, no residues of any kind.

Guess we don't have to worry about the fabric softeners in APC.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');