• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need some detail information...n00b still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some detail information...n00b still

already written one earlier and the reply helped out good.. but again a little confuse( over thinking this i guess) but with working on the newer cars(05-06) the paint job is still new and good shape. So how do i know when i should do a wax job onto the vehicle( and what is the best steps, talking about the polishers and things i have been reading about). If everything is good( no scratches or bug juice) could i just add on another wax coat( looking at NXT liquid wax) or do i have steps to follow still?....

That question also applying to a vehicle that was wxed bout a year ago... add on just another coato f wax or got to follow the steps with clay and so on?
    any help would be highly appreciatable..thanx

Re: need some detail information...n00b still

A wax like NXT Tech Wax is meant to be applied to a New/Like New Surface or preped with cleaner/polish and so on. That said, you can apply a coat of NXT alone without any prior steps, of course you need to wash the vehicle with a quality carwash soap. You kind have to be the judge of the surface you are working on, sounds like you have a newer vehicle with clean paint and no swirls... then yes you could apply NXT. I have done that from time to time to 'freshen' up the look in between a full detail. IMO you still need to do a full detail from time to time to remove all the bonded contaminates and give the paint some TLC.

Now on the vehicle that hasn't been waxed for a year or so, again you have to look at the paint. Are there swirls? Does the paint feel rough? If so you need to clay/cleaner/polish/wax to get the best results.

Hope this helps, I am sure others will chime in!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: need some detail information...n00b still

inspect the finish visually and with your fingers. if you feel the paint rough or see it kind of faded, then you should consider claying it and cleaning it before waxing it.

if the cars is in good shape, then you can wash the car and then wax it with the wax of your preference.

hope this helps
      " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');