• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toppers for NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toppers for NXT

I have read a lot about different people using High tech wax or Gold class wax on top of a fresh application of NXT. I was wondering what kind of results (more shine, better depth, and would it be noticable to the novice or just someone who is car crazy like us) people are encountering with different colors of vehicles and which products they are using. Also, is anybody getting any better protection from this process. Mike, does Meguiars have any insight on this, and have you tried this?
    You must stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Hi blkbmw,

To date, I have not found a reason to top NXT with any other wax. I know a lot of other people do and some like the results while others do not.

I would always recommend that if you want to top NXT, (or any wax for that matter), that you apply your topper to a small section, sat about 12 inches or so square. Be sure to be careful not to overlap you topper wax onto the base wax.

Then inspect under different lighting including bright sun if available to see the true difference. I would recommend doing this test spot before applying to the entire car or how will you be able to tell the difference.

I do like topping a cleaner/wax like ColorX with a wax like NXT Tech Wax however.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

topping

hi, blkbmw,

i tried it a couple of times,topping nxt tech wax with gold class,on several colors,but i must say,that i ha only one time the thought
      that i got a bit more wet look,and a bit more depth,but that was on a black car,that was neglected for quite some time,i got it in the garage,and did a full detail,
      claying,paint cleaning,polishing,and waxing.after the waxing with nxt,i drove it out,to inspect it by daylight,and decided i need another layer of wax.and before nxt,my favourite was gold class,i layered gold class on top.maybe a second layer of nxt had done the same.
      on a red volkswagen i used color x,which did an outstanding job,and topped that with gold class,and found that this gave a bit more wet shine to the paint.
      this is only my opinion,but it's safe to try,so don't be afraid,and try it on your car.

have fun,

Rick

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');