• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC paint cleaner b4 M80 or vice versa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC paint cleaner b4 M80 or vice versa?

hey guys, just wanna clarify if this steps are correct??: DC#1 -> M80 -> DC#2 -> M20 -> Wax

also, do i need to wash my car after using the M80 or i can just continue to the next step right after using it?

thanks in advance!

Re: DC paint cleaner b4 M80 or vice versa?

Hi!! im not an expert in this. But Isnt DC1 non-abrasive? Anyway most of the guys here do the following steps. Wash,Clay,M80 and wax.
    I'm pretty sure M80 is an abrasive stuff. Good stuff too .

Me I usually wash,m80 if no contaminants,#7 and NXT wax or #21.
    Anyway lets wait for the pros to give you some advise.
    Hope this helps

Comment

thanks for ur reply nammejr. yeah the DC#1 is a non-abrasive cleaner, its more of a chemical cleaner according to mike philips in one of the threads i read.

the reason why i bought the DC#1 was to clean any surface contaminants after washing if the paint job does not require me to remove any below surface contaminants using M80. so i can head straight to DC#2 and wax right after DC#1.

so if i would to use M80, maybe i can skip the DC#1 step since the M80 is gonna remove surface and below surface contaminants right?

so i have a choice of:
      wash -> DC#1 -> DC#2 -> M20 -> wax
      or
      wash -> M80 -> DC#2 -> M20 -> wax

is this correct? cause im thinking it might be abit of a waste to use DC#1 and then use M80 which does pretty much what DC#1 will do and even more.

Comment

use the latter one. but put a claying process first & that would be:
        1. wash
        2. clay
        3. #80 with pc (or rotary if you're an expert already)
        4. polish if you like
        5. wax
        6. post your work at the show off forum

#80 is more aggresive than DC#1 so it can remove more swirls than DC#1 providing you with optimum shine
        before u rev em up, shine em up!

Comment

Just to add, claying will remove the bonded on above surface contaminants. The #80+8006 pad will remove the dirt in the pores of the paint, and swirls. The pad will actualy hit and "jump" over the bonded contaminant "bumps" on the surface and not remove them.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If the paint has dirt not removed from the wash, using DC1 to clean the paint first would help to reduce the pad from being too loaded/gummed up when polishing with M80, IMO.

Comment

point taken. thanks for the advice guys!! damn im beginning to love this forum

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');