• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsuccessful with #9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unsuccessful with #9

N.E.W. Car,

Using M80, how many pounds of pressure do you apply on the head of the DA? How many pounds on the M66? Do you go slow passes on both? I would assume that you go slow on M80 and a little faster on M66 since it's a cleaner wax. What's your advice. Thanks.

Comment

I don't know how many pounds of pressure I use, I put a black mark on the back side of all my pads and i put enough pressure to let the pad make one revolution per second when using #80 and buff it till it is almost dry.

Comment

Originally posted by jremitio View Post
        N.E.W. Car,

Using M80, how many pounds of pressure do you apply on the head of the DA? How many pounds on the M66? Do you go slow passes on both? I would assume that you go slow on M80 and a little faster on M66 since it's a cleaner wax. What's your advice. Thanks.
        About 15 pounds of pressure but you want to see the pad rotating, if it's not rotating and only vibrating then adjust your pressure until it rotates. Mark the back of your backing plate or foam pad with a permanent marker, this will make it easier to see if the pad is rotating.

Important Note: Only work a small section at a time. Many people try to tackle to large of an area when removing swirls and scratches, this isn't going to work the tool/action is just to gentle. You need to shrink the size of your work area down to about 16" square. Try to get one 16" square area looking good before moving on, perfect your techinque in a small area. Once you can make one small area look good you can then cookie-cutter this over the entire car. Most people when starting out try to tackle to large of an area at one time, you can't do this with the dual action polisher.

You can tackle large areas when applying wax, because when you're applying wax you're not trying to remove defects, i.e. remove paint.

Hope this helps...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by PaBlkBrd View Post
          I don't know how many pounds of pressure I use, I put a black mark on the back side of all my pads and i put enough pressure to let the pad make one revolution per second when using #80 and buff it till it is almost dry.
          Keyword here being, almost
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by hammer55 View Post
            Sence #9 And #80 Are The Same As Far As Agressiveness, Whats The Difference
            This question has come up so many times on this forum, I believe they may be a thread in Hot Topics that covers this, if not do a search or start your own thread.

Thanks.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by hammer55 View Post
              Sence #9 And #80 Are The Same As Far As Agressiveness, Whats The Difference
              Hey Hammer,

Meg's #80 and #9 are definitly not the same in terms of aggressiveness or as a product as a whole.

Meg's #80 is quite a bit more aggressive, contains a rich polish and a paintable polymer. Meg's #9 is a VERY mild cleaner with less polishing oils than #80 and does not have a polymer in it.

I hope this helps!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');