• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine manufacturer yesr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine manufacturer yesr

I recently purchased a 1940 Plymouth Delux P10. I know the engine is newer that the care but not certain of the exact year. How do I tell the engine year? All numbers on block and head are visible and clear.
    Thank you.
    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Engine manufacturer yesr

Congrats on the car! You'll have to do a little research online but you should be able to find an online club covering this year. There you will probably find a decode sheet posted.

ALso there should be books avaiable that help you to decode all the numbers. I have one for Chevy that covers all the codes from engine to tranny to the VIN numbers.

Another good resource is the manufacturer itself. I'm sure Chrysler has a customer relations office that can help you with all that, I know Ford and Chevy do, you wouldn't believe all the stuff I got from Chevy for my El Camino, everything from build sheet copies to the original invoice!
    Leo

Comment

Thanks Leo for the quick response. I really appreciate the help. THe purchase will be a retirement project I am definately looking forward to. I have worked on cars for many years and love it now as much as ever. I am a lab manager in a large hospital system and this type of work involving cars is reaslly relaxing. Thanks again and have a great day.

Carl.

Comment

Moved out of the "Meguiar's FAQ" forum and into Detailing 101 which is where general questions should be posted.

Thank you.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');