• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I check for holograms with no sun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I check for holograms with no sun?

As I have posted here in the past, I have a new 2007 black Lexus that has some minor holograms. They are minor and can only be noticed late in the day when the sun is setting. They are hard to see but I know they are there and they bother me. So I just got my G100 DA kit #2 and will be using it for the first time this week. I also bought/viewed the How To Use The PC dvd and found it very informative. I will probably start out using the M9 (least aggressive). I also bought some M80, M83 and #7. The holograms are only noticeable on the car doors so i will start out by doing a test spot on one of the doors. I will be working in my garage but because of time restraints it will probably be late in the day when I get around to it. How can I check to see if the polish has worked on removing the holograms if there is no longer any sunlight?

Re: How can I check for holograms with no sun?

You can purchase a Brinkman Xeon light at most Target stores for around $25.00.

To be honest, the Swirl Finder Light is a cruel master, you may not want to put your self through this kind of torture.

In the big picture, you do the best you can at the cleaning and polishing step and the apply a couple of coats of wax and in most cases you should have show car results.

Producing a 100% swirl free finish is possible, but working on some clear coats can be very challenging even to seasoned veteran of the craft.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

go to amazon and search for MaxFire.
      You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');