• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

windscreen problems...Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windscreen problems...Help.

Hi all. How's your day. I really need some help on my car front windscreen. Bought a 2nd hand car. It was raining last nite while I was driving, just change the Bosch wiper bout 2 mths back. I couldn't see much at all. I think the whole windscreen has water mark defect. When the wiper wipes it leave a bad like a haze mark on the screen with the water marks. I got home safely but I have to strain my eyes so much it gave me a headache. I have tried using DC1 to clean it before but no can do.. I've also tried glass cleaner also no success. I wanted to try RainX but my last 2 car I used it on I have bad experience wt it. It causes my wiper to jugger. Anyway I hope someone has successfully solve this before and could help me. I've also tried the kitchen dish detergent to clean it and a Sonax glass polish also. Still has the water mark. But I guess it need something stronger. Any products to recommend. I'm thinkin of using ScratchX on it. Can or not? Thank you kindly.

Re: windscreen problems...Help.

try a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water

it always gets rid of water marks

Comment

Hey,

Use Meguiar's #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner with a piece of cotton toweling and a lot of passion. I have done this for a long time and it usually cleans up the glass far better than any other method or product. Trust me, I probably have 10-12 different glass products and this one(a heavy paint compound for paint) works the best (though it is designed for paint).

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thks guys. Our place here doesn't sell the Pro #4 line, just the consumer line. But I'll try the vinegar solution.

Comment

I've tried the Vinegar but it doesn't work. I even use it without mixing with water. I think I'll go to my friend's shop the spray painter and get an old fine maybe 1000 sand paper mix it with soap and clean the windscreen. I saw him doing it for his customer's car after he spray the car and there's some paint dust particles tht stick on the windscreen. I think it would work? You guys try this before.

Comment

Go any hardware shop to get a can of G3 polishing compound, I guarentee it will solve your problem. Its only cost about RM30...
            Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

Comment

Thanks Vincent. I'll go get it today and use it. Will let you all know how it goes.

Comment

btw

the way i usually use the 50/50 solution is soak a towel with it and wipe the glass.then i soak that same towel in water, try to get as much vinegar out as possible, wring it out, do one more wipe, then wipe dry with a MF towel

Comment

I've use a fine cutting compound by hand and its bout 80% better now. As long as it is visible I think its ok. I tried it last night while raining and its quite ok now. I can see better. Thank you guys for your help and guidance.

Comment

Hey,

The reason I suggested Meg's #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner is because of its unique diminishing abrasives. Even within the Meg's lines of compounds, #4 is unique and the only one that I have found that was truly effective at removing windshield scum. Note: I am not talking about polishing glass where there are several good products on the market. I am talking about removing water spots, scum etc.

I actually use a W-4000 Wool pad and the #4 on a rotary buffer for glass. But using a piece of cotton towelling by hand, with a lot of passion, can also do an excellent job!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by bernard78 View Post
                      I've use a fine cutting compound by hand and its bout 80% better now. As long as it is visible I think its ok. I tried it last night while raining and its quite ok now. I can see better. Thank you guys for your help and guidance.
                      Wow ! Thats good to hear you got it 80% done, Maybe you should go one more round to 100% it. By the way , are you using G3 ?
                      Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

Comment

No as I went to a few hardware shop but they don't have G3, so I end up getting a fine polishing compound and it's only RM8.50 per can. Hehehe. I think this is the one the spray painters use one. Some sort of a rubbing compound. A bit like sand but very fine. Luckily no scratches as I use light pressure only. Bad experince b4 as I use sand paper on my last car windscreen.....whole screen scratches. Hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');