• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going detailing

hi! i am just new to detailing but i read so much stuff in this forum and i learned so much in it... any way heres my problem... i want to detail our car and so far, i have smooth surface clay kit, DC#2 & DC#3. our car has fine scratches and some swirlings. i read about using a DA to remove but i don't have money to buy that piece of equipment. i just want to lessen those scratches so i'll be doing it by hand... i think scratch X will remove the majority of swirlings and scratches but some say its not worth it. . . im just wondering should i buy 2 tubes of scratchX or just a bottle of DC#1 or just buy them both? and what pad should i am be using, the foam applicator or the even applicator? im sorry this is such a long thread but somebody help me please. . . . thanks
    before u rev em up, shine em up!

Re: going detailing

You will need the ScratchX to remove swirls, or at least lessen them on the entire car for now. Or better yet, just focus your energy and effort on one or two panels at a time. ScratchX works, but it takes a good effort. Work in a 1 foot square, and really work the product in, till it turns kind of greasy clear.

But in the future, when you are re-detailing the car, and maybe no swirls to fix, Deep Crystal #1 will be cheaper and faster for you to use. Then ScratchX will just be used for trouble spots.

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

As far as pads, you will want to use the Hi-Tec ( yellow foam) applicators.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: going detailing

thanks for the answers. . .
      before u rev em up, shine em up!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');