• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to savely remove snow from the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to savely remove snow from the car?

Snow season is coming, and therefore I would like to know what you use to get the snow off your car?
    With my old car, I used a simple hand brush with plastic bristles, but with my new car I am afraid of swirls with this method.
    What do you use?

Re: How to savely remove snow from the car?

There was a good thread about this awhile back.. I think its best to remove the snow till theres about 1/2in-1in left and let it melt/blow off. Unless its going to melt then refreeze.. Thats when you get the scratches.. Most of my swirls on my sides are going up and down.. I guess thats from ice..
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I remember mike jokingly posting hairdryer but i think it would work.

I drove up and down the street really fast and most of the now blew off an then i waited for most of the snow to melt and bead. Then I wiped it with a M/F with lots of QD

Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Ups, sorry, I just checked and there really are some posts on this subject already. I will read them (and use the search next time). Thanks for replying anyway!

Comment

I dont think there is an ideal way to get the snow off of your car. I would try to find a brush with the softest bristles possible. Maybe even a car washing brush like the Versa Angle Body Brush. The other option is to take most of it off and dont go all the way down to the paint. I would say be gentle but know that you will get swirls. Use a good paint cleaner in the spring when you polish and wax the car.
          John Keeling
          Meguiar's Customer Care
          800.854.8073 x113

Comment

Originally posted by Blockbuster View Post
            Snow season is coming, and therefore I would like to know what you use to get the snow off your car?
            With my old car, I used a simple hand brush with plastic bristles, but with my new car I am afraid of swirls with this method.
            What do you use?
            I was in Hamburg this summer I was born in Heidelberg and was in Germany visiting some uncles, etc. Very nice place!!
            http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

What would seem safer then, assuming you wanted to leave a skim coat of snow behind... a Supreme Shine towel, or even Water Magnet Towel over a scraper, or a Body Brush? Just in case you did touch the paint is spots...
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                What would seem safer then, assuming you wanted to leave a skim coat of snow behind... a Supreme Shine towel, or even Water Magnet Towel over a scraper, or a Body Brush? Just in case you did touch the paint is spots...
                Never thought about the body brush! The wide body brush would be the best. Im glad I got one now! I was unsure about using it to wash the jeep but now I can use it to get snow off!
                Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I was born and raised in Fargo, North Dakota so I know this frustration. To be honest there really aren't any tools to help remove it that are 100% safe. Like John said earlier, just find a brush with extra safe bristles and keep your fingers crossed.
                  Tim Larson
                  Meguiars Customer Care Rep
                  Meguiar's Inc.
                  1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
                  Tlarson@meguiars.com

Comment

The best way as mentioned earlier is to not touch the paint directly with the brush. Remove the majority of the snow until a thin coat remains, therefore preventing the brush from touching the paint directly and potentially scratching the surface. The rest of the snow will slide off on its own when you drive away.
                    '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');