• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can only see shine in sidemirror! Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can only see shine in sidemirror! Why?

I've done the right side of my car but not the left..

And i can't really see much difference when standing on the side.. I can see a little at a distance but perhaps it all in my head because I know I did one side..
    But.. When I'm sitting in the car and looks in the side mirrors..
    When I look at the left and the right I really CAN see a difference..
    The green is much more powerful and rich and shiny on the right side but when I get out of the car I can't see it anymore..
    Isn't that weird?

Re: Can only see shine in sidemirror! Why?

Originally posted by WestDK View Post
    I've done the right side of my car but not the left..

And i can't really see much difference when standing on the side.. I can see a little at a distance but perhaps it all in my head because I know I did one side..
    But.. When I'm sitting in the car and looks in the side mirrors..
    When I look at the left and the right I really CAN see a difference..
    The green is much more powerful and rich and shiny on the right side but when I get out of the car I can't see it anymore..
    Isn't that weird?

A big reason why this may be happening is because of the light you are using and how it reflects off the mirror. Different kinds of light show different results and there can be different light at different angles. Your probably getting a different light reflecting off your paint as you sit in your car.
    Tim Larson
    Meguiars Customer Care Rep
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
    Tlarson@meguiars.com

Comment

What did you even do to the car? Just wax it or what?
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Larson View Post
        A big reason why this may be happening is because of the light you are using and how it reflects off the mirror. Different kinds of light show different results and there can be different light at different angles. Your probably getting a different light reflecting off your paint as you sit in your car.
        But when I saw it i actually tried getting out and going around and looking.. Sitting down and looking, looking from a distance from a lot of different angles.. Yes it shines but not like in the back mirror and would believe I should have hit the same angles as the side mirror when I tried getting around the car many times and going up and down and tried all I could but just not the same shine.. Sitting in my car at night in the city is also just great and I love it, but if I get out it doesnt have those dark reflections and looking so smooth and cool as in my sidemirrors

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
          What did you even do to the car? Just wax it or what?

I used Deep Crystal Polish, then 1. layer of the Gold Wax and finally a layer of Caruba Wax..

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');