• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic dash and static

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic dash and static

I had posted about what to use on keeping static dust off of the interior of my Ford 150. I haven't received any responses on tricks of the trade ...so I will post on this forum How do you keep static dust/plain dust of of the faux wood,and radio/ heater control plastic windows ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Plastic dash and static

Originally posted by 45/70sharpshooter View Post
    I had posted about what to use on keeping static dust off of the interior of my Ford 150. I haven't received any responses on tricks of the trade ...so I will post on this forum How do you keep static dust/plain dust of of the faux wood,and radio/ heater control plastic windows ? Thanks in advance.
    Perhaps there are no tricks, or hopefully someone would have replied. What kind of dressing do you use on your dash? Is your vehicle new? I get some dust on my dash but nothing major. I have noticed that the LCD display on the radio/HVAC does seem to attract it though. I just wipe everything down once a week with a damp towel and looks new again. Do you leave your windows down when you are driving or at home? That could be the problem.

Slats
    -------------
    John 17:3
    -------------

Comment

Re: Plastic dash and static

Slats, I park the truck in the garage and the windows are always up. I use Pledge anti static spray ,but the dust will still migrate to the plastic dash components. Alao the truck has a mere 1100 miles on it ...things may improve as the plastics offgas. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');