• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply wax(NXT) with a polishing pad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply wax(NXT) with a polishing pad.

Any benefit to applying a wax or sealant with a polishing pad? I currently have EX-P and NXT. I was thinking the EX-P wouldn't really benefit. With the cleaners in NXT, would applying with a white, polishing pad increase the cleaning benefits?

Would it harm the durability of the wax?
    Would polishing with a wax vs true polish cause any issues?

I love NXT and would be interested in hearing of any new ways to further improve its looks. I'm currently using a finishing pad to apply NXT.

Re: Apply wax(NXT) with a polishing pad.

Well, you are pulling together a few different ideas...

1. Yes, using a polishing pad would give moe cleaning ability, but not a dramatic amount. Remember, they are very mild cleaners, not a seperate cleaning step.

2. No harm, but it might not look as nice as when applied with a finishing pad.

3. You are comparing too completly different things. So, yes, it would be very different. A wax protects, even with mild cleaners, and a polish adds polishing oils.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      3. You are comparing too completly different things. So, yes, it would be very different. A wax protects, even with mild cleaners, and a polish adds polishing oils.
      I should've clarified...I'm not actually suggesting that I skip the polishing step as part of my maintenance routine. However, I do apply a new coat of NXT about every 1.5 months to rejuvenate the shine and slickness. I don't always repolish the entire car though. Therefore, I was wondering, if the paint was in good condition, would applying the wax with a polishing pad offer any benefit.

Comment

I always apply NXT with a polishing pad. Over the course of four weeks you are bound to get some road grime or soap film buildup on the finish of your vehicle. I believe that the extra cutting power of a polishing pad will help to remove this film buildup.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');