• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use for undercarage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use for undercarage?

Hi, I did a few searches on here and couldn't find a good answer. I was just wondering what works good on cleaning the undercarage of cars that are just sprayed from factory with no clear. The underbody of my car has a light coat of yellow and when i try cleaning it with a towel and simple green, I get a little yellow on my towel(taking the paint off). I think i tried quik detailer and it did the same. So...what does everyone else use? Just use water and wipe lightly?
    thanks

Re: What to use for undercarage?

For the painted part of the rails under, etc on the edges, a cleaner/wax is good.

For the actual underbody, like drive-train, axles, etc, a blast from a coin-op place during/after winter is good.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I don't really drive my stang in the salt or snow. The undercarriage stays pretty clean. I was just wondering if there was anything made to eat grime off this paint and then dab it off so that I don't wipe any of the paint off by rubbing.

Comment

Im not talking about under the ground effect which have the same finish as the body paint. I can understand and appreciate why you suggested cleaner wax for those areas.Im just talking about cleaning such areas as under the floor pans and the rest of the chassis. thanks

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');