• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures

I read a lot of good things about claying but couldnt understand it, can someone show a picture of overspray, or a surface before and after claying just want to know if it has any diffrence in the appearence because the effect of the body scrub didn't do much to my paint

Re: Pictures

overspray will look like really small dots on the paint, they should come off if you scratch at them with your fingernail

generally the benefits of claying cannot be captured on camera (unless its a horrific case of paint mistreatment), it is more of a feel that you get when you touch the car.

the exceptions being (but not limited to): tree sap, metal particles from rail transport rusting, overspray, and just general impurities that get stuck to the surface of the car.

there are often graphics on the boxes of clay bars that show the impurities stuck into the clearcoat before claying, then they are gone after claying, in a drawing sort of manner. you'll be amazed how soft the paint feels after a clay and wax. its definately worth the time it takes, IMO

hope this helped with your question
    Lancer Evolution VIII
    I4T

Comment

Re: Pictures

In addition to rammsteinmatt post... Here is a thread with photos, read post #3 by Mike Phillips, there are some great photos showing before and after.

Overspray photos: Silver paint overspray on Laser Red '00 Expedition
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');