• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Problem

Hi there guys i have a problem and i dont know what to do , my car gets parked outside and every morning the sprinklers get hold of it now unfortuneately these sprinklers are attached to my borehole. Now a residue has been left in the form of white droplets it has covered my entire bonnet and left hand side of my car , i have tried a couple of things to get rid of them but to no avail does anyone know what i can try to get these marks off , any help will be greatly appreciated !

Re: Big Problem

It sounds like whatever chemical is in the water has left some pretty nasty deposits, and it has started to etch into the surface. Have you tried working with a paint cleaner yet? If not, you may want to try something like Scratch-X...

Then, use one of the mist and wipes like Quik Detailer daily to prevent the spots from etching.

Rick McDonough
    Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1.800.854.8073 * 3853
    rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

Hi Traffies,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

Originally posted by Traffies View Post
      Now a residue has been left in the form of white droplets it has covered my entire bonnet and left hand side of my car , i have tried a couple of things to get rid of them but to no avail does anyone know what i can try to get these marks off , any help will be greatly appreciated !
      Here's an article on our forum that discusses the two different types of water spots or etchings on our forum in the Hot Topics forum. We'll copy and past the link below. The how-to article is fairly in-depth and will explain more detail but in a nutshell you'll need to either use clay or a paint cleaner as Rick alluded to and in some cases you 'll need to use both.

Then afterwards, you'll want to apply a coating or two of wax because claying and using a paint cleaner will remove any wax on the paint.

Here's the link to the thread,

How To Remove Water Spots off Automotive Paints

Type I Water Spots - Mineral deposits sitting on top of the paint

Type II Water Spots - Etchings below the surface

Close-up of same photo above

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks alot mike i will give it a go and see what happens will let you know !

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');