• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

too tired to keep up detailing job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too tired to keep up detailing job

Well so far I've washed my car with some gold class i bought today, then clayed the entire car, then smeared colorx all over the car and have just finished wiping it off. I'd like to continue to wax with some #26 yellow wax that I also bought today but I am just too tired and it's gotten too dark in my backyard to see anything.

Is it okay to just continue in the morning or am I supposed to do this whole process in one shot?

fyi: How is the #26 yellow? I've tried the NXT paste but didn't like it very much.

Re: too tired to keep up detailing job

Well, you might be okay for now because ColourX does have some protection.

I don't see any problem with applying M26 in the morning, just make sure the car is free of any dust or dirt that my have landed on the car.
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

to an extent...

Your better off wiping the car down with a QD for though. Or even better, just washing it again quickly before applying the #26.

Comment

Originally posted by oholdeno View Post
        Well so far I've washed my car with some gold class i bought today, then clayed the entire car, then smeared colorx all over the car and have just finished wiping it off. I'd like to continue to wax with some #26 yellow wax that I also bought today but I am just too tired and it's gotten too dark in my backyard to see anything.

Is it okay to just continue in the morning or am I supposed to do this whole process in one shot?
        ColorX
        ColorX

I do this all the time. You should have no problem. ColorX is a good cleaner wax that will leave a fine coat of protection. As far as what to do before you get started again in the morning, use you best judgement. As long as it does not get rained on you should be fine with just Dusting and QDIng. For this I use:

Versa-Angle Body Duster
        Versa-Angle Body Duster

Supreme Shine Microfiber
        Supreme Shine Microfiber

Last Touch Spray Detailer
        Last Touch Spray Detailer

Rewashing for me would only be necessary if I had to drive it between wax coats or it got rained on. Even then, a simple rinse may be all that is needed. Again use you best judgement here. If when you look at it in the morning you have anything that makes you lose your confidence in the fact that the surface is clean, then go for a wash again.

fyi: How is the #26 yellow? I've tried the NXT paste but didn't like it very much.

I use #26 pretty often and like it. Good stuff and been around a long time. NXT is great too, although I tend not to use it very much anymore. I simply like the pro line stuff as it it available in larger quantities. But I do recommend NXT to most folks. You might want to let us know your thoughts about why you did not like it.
        Last edited by Jeff Smith; Nov 21, 2006, 11:08 PM.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Long time no see, long time no see you post?

Good to see you back again!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, Yep. Been swamped "walking the walk" as they say. I hardly even set down at the computer anymore. No time. Still been keeping up with polishing paint and putting my foot in my mouth volunteering to show others how to do it though.

I dropped in here a few times but it is hard to get started again after leaving because I had to reaquaint myself with all of the code snippets and such.

Looks like alot of that will need attention soon again :-(
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Hi Jeff,

Long time no see, long time no see you post?

Good to see you back again!

OT: I was thinking the same thinghere!

oholdeno... I agree with the others might give it a quick QD first.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');