• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White car easy get Swirls Mark???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White car easy get Swirls Mark???

I got 1 car is white color, until now i still cannot fit the swirls mark problem, at this time i also got 1 car is metallic gold, i use same tactic not have swirls mark at gold paint, but problem is white color easy got swirls mark...... until now i still can not remove swirls mark, White color paint is use orther wax and polish product? any people got white paint car? got many swirls mark? Iam use Scracth X try to remove but still same. must use any special tactic for white paint car?

Near the paint u will see all swirls mark....Oh my got!!!!!!

Re: White car easy get Swirls Mark???

First, Welcome to MOL!

Well.... comparing the two paints, maybe the white paint is 'softer' and will scratch/swirl easier!?!? As for the ScratchX read over this post: How To Remove Swirls By Hand, that should help. It may not look perfect and its going to take some elbow grease and time but it can be done. Hope that helps!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Keep in mind that 99.9% of all car being manufactured today and in the last 10 - 20 years have clear coats, so you're not working on a white car or a gold car but a clear coated car, that is a car with clear paint on top of a paint with the actual pigment.

If you want to remove the swirls you need to learn how to use a paint cleaner like ScratchX by hand or step up to machine polishing and invest in the proper tools, pads and chemicals.

You'll also have to learn how to take care of you car so that you don't continually put the swirls back in.

Happy Thanksgiving!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Kelven, Bernard from Pg here too. U didn't tell us if u plan to remove it with hand or machine? scratchX u need to really-really I mean use lot of elbow grease & u must use lots of the product on an area too. Many fail to have results coz they use a bit only. I read it here, a guy said it the quantity of the scratchx, not only elbow grease alone. He has done it. It does make sense, since its mild & safe & have diminishing abrasive, if one use less diminishing abrasive. And no matter how much effort u put into. With less diminishing abrasive u can't really remove much of the swirls.

If really still cannot, then u must get the DACP #83 or Speed Glaze #80. Its the only way to do it lio... I know it's difficult to get scratchx to work, coz I also was the same as 1st. It does really work but it takes patience and trying it out again and again. I was also feeling the pain becoz it's really expensive here in M'sia RM57.00 per tube. Over in USA its only US8.69. Although don't expect it to perform miracle too.

Comment

Hi,
          Since misery loves company I would like to share my problem with you. I have a 2007 Merc and I'm suffering from the same nightmare (Swirls) I somehow agree with you that swirls on mat colours are more visible than on metalic. Just till lats year I had a VOLVO S60 2005 (Ash gold) and eventhough this car was not pimped (taken care of)like my current white one I never seen a single swirl on it. I think this is because of light reflection !

Comment

For what it's worth. I have a white Dodge Ram pickup and Toyota Tacoma pickup -- both white, no swirls. Compared to black white is "piece of cake" to maintain without swirls. I use a pc and Meguiar's products exclusively.

Tom

Comment

All paint colors can get swirls easily or hardly. You are working on a clear layer of paint over the colored layer, so the hardness of the clear layer determines how easy it is to get or remove swirls and marring.

White reflects less light, so it is easier to mantain once you correct it.
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');