• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does NXT Generation Tech Wax last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does NXT Generation Tech Wax last?

I detailed my own car earlier today (Thanksgiving), complete with a fresh coat of NXT Generation Tech Wax, and I am wondering how often I need to apply NXT Generation Speed Detailer as well as when I should re-wax the car. Basically what I am asking is how long the NXT Generation Tech Wax lasts between waxing. Also, can the NXT Generation Speed Detailer be used with the clay?
    Last edited by mnaines; Nov 23, 2006, 04:33 PM.
    1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan; daily driver; 0-60mph 7.625 seconds top-end of 2nd gear @ WOT.

Re: How long does NXT Generation Tech Wax last?

Its wintertime here in Kansas City. The car is outside 24/7, and daytime temperatures vary depending on the day...Early morning lows usually range from around or just below freezing with highs usually mid-upper 40's or low 50's; weather here is almost unpredictable, common saying here in KC is "wait 5 minutes and the weather will change". Morning conditions usually consist of dew or light frost on cars, turning more towards dry, windy days with variable cloudiness. How long will the NXT Generation tech Wax last in these conditions?
    1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan; daily driver; 0-60mph 7.625 seconds top-end of 2nd gear @ WOT.

Comment

In summer, I use NXT Speed Detailer every day until it rains or the paint otherwise gets muddy. In winter that is not possible if salt spray, or even salt dust gets on the car. QDs do not work on salt residue, a full wash is required. But, use the Speed Detailer whenever you can.

If your car is a daily driver in the winter, I would expect a month or two out of NXT Tech Wax. But your results may vary.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
        In summer, I use NXT Speed Detailer every day until it rains or the paint otherwise gets muddy. In winter that is not possible if salt spray, or even salt dust gets on the car. QDs do not work on salt residue, a full wash is required. But, use the Speed Detailer whenever you can.

If your car is a daily driver in the winter, I would expect a month or two out of NXT Tech Wax. But your results may vary.

RamAirV1
        Wow, I could never do that EVERY day..

I like to wax my Jeep at least every 3-4months.. If not that then every Fall and spring. I will use QD or QW almost everyother wash..
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

A little further north here, I always try to take advantage of any warm winter day to at least wash the car and do something for the LSP. Especially in winter, I would try to get a fresh coat of NXT on at least every 2 months.

Comment

I think NXT's protection lasts a long time.

Read the thread I started on the same subject:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16317

Comment

Originally posted by mnaines View Post
              Basically what I am asking is how long the NXT Generation Tech Wax lasts between waxing. Also, can the NXT Generation Speed Detailer be used with the clay?
              I get a solid 2.5-3 months of protection from NXT. That's even on the hood which takes a beating on my daily driver (9 year old Accord). I get excellent beading at 3 months on all surfaces...the sides of the car are amazing right now and it's been 2 months.

I don't know what winter durability will be as this will be my first season. I hope to take both my car and van to a self service car wash at least once a month to replenish the wax over winter. I'm not a fan of the NXT spray wax because it takes me almost as long to put on a fresh coat of liquid wax. Not sure if that's me not using the spray wax correctly or not.

Speed Detailer could be used with the clay...however, I would probably go with Quik Detailer due to cost. Some people even use a dilute soap solution during the wash step.

Comment

I think NXT lasts along time. It's supposed to be there longest lasting wax but I don't know. I used NXT 3 times and hated it the first time. Well, not really hated it but I didn't think it was any better then #20 or even Gold Class. The last time I used NXT, I was absolutly amazed at how it made my Truck look and feel. I took some pics but I need to learn how too post them. The refection is amazing and after about 3 weeks and 3-4 washed, it looks and feel great. I choose NXT since it IS supposed to be there lonest lasting and I wanted to put on something for the upcomming winter.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');