• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing the Swirls and Haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the Swirls and Haze

I tried to remove some swirl marks with Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner by hand but no luck. I was thinking of trying the ScratchX or should I just upgrade to the pc?

Re: Removing the Swirls and Haze

DC1 won't remove swirls, it just cleans the surface. You need something like ScratchX. Here is some good info on how to use ScratchX... http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...threadid=7011]

If you are going to do an entire car I'd suggest getting a pc. Otherwise it's a work-out to do that big of area by hand.
    Scott

Comment

The ScratchX took the haze out right away but I am still seeing the swirl marks. What should be used for the swirls if I use the pc?
      Last edited by scott504; Nov 28, 2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I'd start with #80, if that doesnt' work use #83. If I end up having to use #83, I always follow up with #80.

This link will give you more info on using the PC...
        Scott

Comment

2002 Ford Thunderbird Premium Torch Red

Comment

Comment

TBird looks great. You can show me better than you can tell me. Thanks

Comment

Thanks Scott! Pictures are always worth a thousand words, as they say. It's a work in progress, and not as easy as it appears, but the time and effort are well worth it.
                Last edited by Prairie360; Nov 29, 2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');