• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Specific Uses for Body Solvent, need Tech. Input(Mike Pennington?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific Uses for Body Solvent, need Tech. Input(Mike Pennington?)

I'm currently using a Safety Solvent by another manufacturer which should be very close in nature to Meg's Body Solvent(newer formulation using the newer VOC complient blends), but I can get Meg's Body Solvent locally(less money), and cheaper.

First, let me descrive the 2 main ways I use my current safety solvent, and please let me know if body solvent is appropriate to use in either of these situations.

Situation 1: Fenderwells, underbody areas, related areas.
    Lightly mist area with Safety Solvent, let dwell, saturate with an APC(butyl free, potassium hydroxide based, but I will be replacing it with APC+). Let dwell, presure rinse.

Situation 2: Engine Compartment
    Same as above, expcet using an Engine Degreaser(similar to my current APC, but higher concentration of pot. hydroxide, also going to be replaced with APC+). The one difference in this case is the safety solvent is only sprayed on areas that have years of caked on oil and grime.(an example would be the cleaning of my 1996 GMC's engine which had NEVER been cleaned).

Would Body Solvent be appropriate in either of these situations?

Thanks,
    George
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Re: Specific Uses for Body Solvent, need Tech. Input(Mike Pennington?)

Hoping someone sees this today, I kind of need the answer soon.

George
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');