• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find Clay-bar kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find Clay-bar kit

Who carries the clay-bar kit?

I went to buy several car care products to use on my Mini and tried to find Meguiars Clar-bar kit. I went to target, autozone and a few other auto places and nobody had it. I bought all maguiars cleaner/wax so decided to not go with the mothers clay-bar that everyone seemed to carry. I know it probably does not matter though...

Thanks,
    k

Re: Where to find Clay-bar kit

Since your living in the states you can order it from the web which it should never be out of stock!

Comment

Pep Boys.
      Matt
      2007 Lexus RX350
      1998 Acura Integra

Comment

Originally posted by k_h_d View Post
        Who carries the clay-bar kit?

I went to buy several car care products to use on my Mini and tried to find Meguiars Clar-bar kit. I went to target, autozone and a few other auto places and nobody had it. I bought all maguiars cleaner/wax so decided to not go with the mothers clay-bar that everyone seemed to carry. I know it probably does not matter though...

Thanks,
        k
        Hi k,

I have a 2005 White/Chili red mini cooper, too. Just got a Porter Cable 7336 RO buffer display from Lowes for $25 and a Meg. backer plate for $9.95 here in Houston. Been too cold to work on my mini and black 96 4runner.

What is your product and method plan for your mini? Mothers clay will be fine, I have used it.

Be sure to sign up for the December drawing in the break room forum here -they are giving away a G100 buffer on the 12th!

Ron

Comment

Ron,

I have a 2003 MCS that I bought about 2 months ago. I bought it with 29.5k miles on it and love it. Its dark silver with black top and mirrors and 17" S-Lites.

I am planning on stripping on the current wax that is on the car. Then claying the entire car as there is some debri that does not come off with a simple cleaning. The paint on the car is pretty much swirl free (or the silver paint just hides it really well). I did by some ScratchX to take care of a few spots that I have seen with a light swirl or scratch in the clear coat. Then I bought NTX Tech Wax for the waxing coat.

After I use that for a few months I will probably get into and learn how to polish the paint if needed.

As of late its been too cold to do anything but we are suppose to see 40 degree temps soon so I am hopeing to detail the outside then.

I will check out pep boys.

Thanks,
          Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by k_h_d View Post
            Ron,

I have a 2003 MCS that I bought about 2 months ago. I bought it with 29.5k miles on it and love it. Its dark silver with black top and mirrors and 17" S-Lites.

I am planning on stripping on the current wax that is on the car. Then claying the entire car as there is some debri that does not come off with a simple cleaning. The paint on the car is pretty much swirl free (or the silver paint just hides it really well). I did by some ScratchX to take care of a few spots that I have seen with a light swirl or scratch in the clear coat. Then I bought NTX Tech Wax for the waxing coat.

After I use that for a few months I will probably get into and learn how to polish the paint if needed.

As of late its been too cold to do anything but we are suppose to see 40 degree temps soon so I am hopeing to detail the outside then.

I will check out pep boys.

Thanks,
            Kenny
            Be sure to enter for the drawing. Click on "new posts" at the top of a screen here and the "December drawing" will be on the list. I know of a site where a really good detailer owns and does work on minis. Pm me and I will give details.

Enter now.

Ron

Comment

some one sel meqiares like a dealership close to me
              alberto gorin
              known as gorin002

Comment

Does Meguiars sell only the Clay-bar as a stand alone bar?

Comment

this dealer is doing in megwaires since 13 years
                  ive seen clay kitt
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

A local Oreillys here carries it. They have Water magnets and everything.
                    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Asaf View Post
                      Does Meguiars sell only the Clay-bar as a stand alone bar?
                      Meguiar's does sell clay by itself in the professional line. There are both mild and aggressive clays. These are more aggressive than the clay sold to consumers, so you need to be careful when using them.

John Keeling
                      Meguiar's Customer Care
                      800.854.8073 x113

Comment

You might consider looking at Autodetailingsolutions.com.

You would have to pay shipping of course, but if you get 3 or 4 products that you need/want, you will usualy end up breaking even or saving some over going to the store.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr, John thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

What is it that we should be careful of? If the clay is removing more then just the contaminates from the part then it is acting as a fine abrasive and can remove portions of the protective coating on the car.

Not having done this to my car before might the consumer product be a better starting point. After all if you have to do it again you should not be able to harm much, right?
                            ---
                            Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Well, you are supposed to use plenty of lubrication, such as QD, because yes, sliding the bar back and forth without lubrication could put swirls, etc in the paint.

Now the Professional line clays are more aggressive, and even with lubrication, they can put in some swirls. They are made this aggressive to quickly remove contaminants, and then are intended to be followed up by a machine polisher.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');