• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next step in my process...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next step in my process...

Looking for info from everyone as to what the next next in my process should be.

I don't want to stock every product that Meguiars sells, I'd love to keep my process down to about 4 or 5 steps(or less). Right now I'm starting with 83(if needed), then working to 80, then on to my LSP. Would #9 or #82 take me to a new level of clarity before my LSP? If so, which of the 2 would be better? Would I have to work in #7 after either of these 2?

The reason for this question is that I just finished up a black Viper. And although the owner was completely satisfied, I was not. I want to be able to offer the best possible job that I can, and after countless hours on that Viper, I still feel like it should have been better. Would #9 or #82 have taken me to that next level that I'm looking for?

Thanks,
    Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: The next step in my process...

Originally posted by n737nc View Post
    Looking for info from everyone as to what the next next in my process should be.

I don't want to stock every product that Meguiar's sells, I'd love to keep my process down to about 4 or 5 steps(or less). Right now I'm starting with 83(if needed), then working to 80, then on to my LSP. Would #9 or #82 take me to a new level of clarity before my LSP? If so, which of the 2 would be better? Would I have to work in #7 after either of these 2?

The reason for this question is that I just finished up a black Viper. And although the owner was completely satisfied, I was not. I want to be able to offer the best possible job that I can, and after countless hours on that Viper, I still feel like it should have been better. Would #9 or #82 have taken me to that next level that I'm looking for?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Hi Nick,

Depends upon the paint, that's why we offer a lot of different products, you usually have to dial in your process and product selection to each paint system you work on.

It's a good idea to have a good collection of tools in your tool chest and this would include either #9 or #82, but you don't need both as they're about the same in results even though the #82 is a tick more aggressive.

You should also consider M66 as this is a great one-step product but also a great product for removing fine swirls out of very soft paints with a finishing pad.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');