• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mequiar's Quik Interior Detailers do harm to car paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mequiar's Quik Interior Detailers do harm to car paint?

I used Mequiar's Quik Interior Detailers on my car paint. now i'm not sure if it was ok for me to have done that. my question is.... will it do damage to the clear coat and the paint? i just now found out that Quik Detail and Quik Detail Interior are not the same i also used on the windows, inside and out. thank you all in advance.

Re: Will Mequiar's Quik Interior Detailers do harm to car paint?

No. QID will not harm paint, just re-wipe the affected areas with Quik Detailer or wash and wax the car and she'll look like new!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      No. QID will not harm paint, just re-wipe the affected areas with Quik Detailer or wash and wax the car and she'll look like new!
      i apply it over the whole car, just like you would with Quik Detailers for paint and then i wipe it off with microfiber towels. on the bottle it said "mist & wipe" and that was i did the reason why i am asking is that i dont know if it'll fade the paint or not. wish i hadn't done that though. i used on the engin and windows, but just the paint that i'm worried about thanks for your reply.

Comment

If you want to be sure everything is okay, simply wash your car to remove it. There are no harsh ingredients in this product, it is for multiple surfaces on the interior of your car and this includes the potential for painted parts, so it's not going to hurt anything.

Wash your car and then to make you car look like new, do something to the paint, like wipe it down with the correct Quik Detailer, or polish or wax it,
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I nearly did that myself the other day, I was rushing and didn't take notice of the label properly. All I saw was Quick and the word Detail.
          Now I have separated the two so it doesn't happen again.

It pays to take notice of what you are going to use.

Graeme

Comment

I will on ocasion use QID in the door jams and wipe away, cause it looks like it masks the woter spots that form there... so far I havent noticed any fading, or anything that seems to be dulling the paint, and no paint on the MF towel.... kinda like a mistery spray... thats meant for interiors but can mask water spots pretty good.... hhhmmm multipurpose cleaner maybe?..... I dont know if this would work for u guys but I gave it a chance since I ran out of the QD and I tried it on the door jams to be sure it was safe to use, but I didnt coat my whole truck with the stuff, just the door jams

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');