• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does claying make wax last longer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does claying make wax last longer?

I think the title pretty much says it. My thought was that if you removed the surface contamination the wax or paint sealant would bond to the paint better??? Thanks!

Re: Does claying make wax last longer?

I believe its a classic way of taking off the wax.... Mike will be in shortly Im just give the jist of what I think it does besides remove contaminates from the paint, but yea it does help prep the surface to make a cleaner appearance

Comment

IIRC meguair's says that waxes and polishes are much less effective if the surface has bonded contaminants.
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

IIRC meguair's says that waxes and polishes are much less effective if the surface has bonded contaminants.
        Does "much less effective" mean it will not protect as well or it will not last as long? Thanks for the replies so far!

Comment

Well, could be either. Probably depending on what the dirt, sap, etc, is, wax may not stick to it at all, or it may wear off much faster.

And for cleaners and polishes, if there is somthing stuck on the paint, then obviously the product isnt even getting to the paint in that spot.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The better you prepare the surface the better the results will be. When you are waxing a completely clean surface you might get a longer lasting protection and the wax is bonding to the painted surface rather than the contaminates as pointed out above..

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks everyone for the quick and thoughtful replies! I love this forum.

Comment

The proper anwser would be "probably".

Claying the paint cleans the surface and removes contaminets which can affect proper bonding. This would allow the wax/sealent to get a better grip on the surface and should promote longer wax/selanet life.
                Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
                  The proper anwser would be "probably".

Claying the paint cleans the surface and removes contaminets which can affect proper bonding. This would allow the wax/sealent to get a better grip on the surface and should promote longer wax/selanet life.
                  other products on mi list
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');