• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Storage

I dont' see where this is covered already.... What should I keep in mind with storage of my auto products?

My garage/storage area is not heated/cooled and there for subject to a wide range of temperatures thoughout the year.

Dave

Marry Christmas All
    David Ryan

Quality Technician Automotive Manufacturing

Re: Product Storage

i have the same problem to,i just load all my waxes and polishes and the like up in duffle bags and keep them in my closet, merry christmas to you too!
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

As far as I know, this question has never been addressed with an official statement, at least it's not in the FAQ.

It's a great question to since many people live where temperatures range widely, let us do some work on this and at least come up with some guidelines or recommendations.

In a nutshell, you don't want your product to freeze, so do what you have to do to prevent them from freezing, if this mean moving them into a closet in the house then that may be one option you can pursue.

As for extreme warm temperatures we'll have to check on this to see what the ramifications are.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I keep mine inside all year around, I am lucky enough to have a closet just inside the house from the garage so it works in my case. but like mentioned above if you can toss them in the house somewhere over the winter I would. Just my .02!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

very good qeustion garage is smal have a heater
          its also in bags or 1 bag
          good qeustion
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

I think that the only stipulation made officially was that products shouldn't freeze, but that seemed to be common sense anyhow.

This is my stash, without the new tins of #16, for the winter.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
            2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Is there any new information for the extreme heat part? How about a temperature range to store the products? One time I measured the temp in my room and it was around 42F. What can I say I like it cold when I sleep.

Comment

I store my stuff on a rack in my basement.
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I keep mine in my bedroom closet but Ive come to the conclusion thats not a economical place at all. Takes forever to get everything outside when Im detailing and it takes up tons of room in the closet. They stay a constant temp year around though and I guess thats what Im aiming for.
                  Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

For Some Reason My Scratch X Turns To Water After Storing It Anyone Know Why? Its In A Non Cooled/heated Garage Which Is Almost Always Closed
                    MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
                    FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

Living in Florida it hot 9 months of the year. I keep my products out in the garage. When it gets colder I bring them inside when it gets around 40. or below. So far no problems doing it this way.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Mine stay in the basement most of the time.
                        on, people!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');