• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy needs help with wax and soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy needs help with wax and soap

I just purchased an 07 Honda Civic LX Sedan. It has white paint. My question is what kind of soap and wax should I use. I want to do it right because I just found out the wax I have been using the past few years isn't the right kind. I'm also worried about using the correct soap. Help!

Re: New guy needs help with wax and soap

This link should point you in the right direction... Suggested products for taking care of a new car!
    Scott

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

I'm pretty new myself, but here are some links that you should definitely read:

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

The two most popular consumer line washes seem to be:

NXT Generation Car Wash

and

Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner

In regards to products for a white car, here's two discussions that might be helpful:

A Lesson From White Paint
      http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-a...ite-paint.html

Is it pointless to use polish on a white car?
      http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17863

Hope that helps some.

-Ryan
      "All the sweetest winds they blow across the South." - Ryan Adams

Comment

My thanks to kanabro and BlueZero for directing me in the right direction. I used to buy just any old soap and wax for my car but now I know better.

Comment

Robert, no prob. The way that I've learned (and continue to learn) is by people helping out on these boards.
          There's a TON of good info on here.

Here's another thread where Mike listed a bunch of info links:
          General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Comment

Thanks again Kanabro. I live in Cincinnati and just found two Mequiars dealers in my part of town off of one of your links. Also lots of helpful links that I have not had time to look at just yet. This is great. I've learned more the past couple of days than I did in all of my previous years combined.
            Robert 96

Comment

Originally posted by Robert 96 View Post
              Thanks again Kanabro. I live in Cincinnati and just found two Mequiars dealers in my part of town off of one of your links. Also lots of helpful links that I have not had time to look at just yet. This is great. I've learned more the past couple of days than I did in all of my previous years combined.
              Robert 96
              Great!
              Glad I could help.

-Ryan

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');