• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Plastic Clean-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Plastic Clean-up

Just wondering what is the best product and method for cleaning the interior plastic moldings that get scuffed up by shoes from little girls. I have been having a heck of a time lately getting some of the shoe scuffs to come clean to my satisfaction. Afraid to use something too strong.
    Robert 96

Re: Interior Plastic Clean-up

I have had success with a couple of things. All purpose Cleaner with a little elbow grease and a terry cloth towel will likely get it out. I also recently tried the Mr. Clean magic eraser wich took out everything I thought never would come out. Megs ought to look into it!
    Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Comment

Definitely Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. These things are definitely...well, magic. You won't believe how easy it will remove the scuffs.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert 96 View Post
        Just wondering what is the best product and method for cleaning the interior plastic moldings that get scuffed up by shoes from little girls. I have been having a heck of a time lately getting some of the shoe scuffs to come clean to my satisfaction. Afraid to use something too strong.
        Robert 96
        I have found that some scuffs actually result in slight depressions in the plastic that show up under certain light conditions. I don't think that the Magic Eraser will do anything to these depressions. There are there to stay.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
          I have found that some scuffs actually result in slight depressions in the plastic that show up under certain light conditions. I don't think that the Magic Eraser will do anything to these depressions. There are there to stay.

Tom
          Yep. Once that texture is gone. It's gone.

Comment

The Scuffs are rubber are they not, from shoe heels. Then you need to use something that contains an petroleum, tar, grease, etc. We have had good luck with a mineral spirits solvent and a ******-net covered sponge. The ****** netting gives a little abrasiveness and the mineral spirits in the sponge provides plenty of chemical to eradicate the mark.

Bud Abraham
            DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Thanks for the Help guys. I'm going to pick-up one of those Mr. Clean erasers today.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');