• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice hurt the paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice hurt the paint?

Just curious what effects ice has on the paint? Especially after an ice rain & the car has a couple mm's thick of ice coating it. Never really cared before I got my big *** Ram but now I'm "Car Crazy!"

Thanks
    Sean

Re: Ice hurt the paint?

The ice just sitting still shouldnt, but if it melts and slides off, etc, you will get swirls. Its really only the ice moving around that should cause anything.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

if the ice is still there try getting a bucket of lukewarm water from the house and pour it on your truck this wll prevent the ice from moving by melting it, if the weather is not going to refreeze it.
      custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

Originally posted by cmd View Post
        if the ice is still there try getting a bucket of lukewarm water from the house and pour it on your truck this wll prevent the ice from moving by melting it, if the weather is not going to refreeze it.
        Thats a good idea if its above freezing! If its below 32 and at night, do not do that! haha, you will freese all the doors shut.

Works out great though if its not freezing.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');