• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

Hi y'all,
    I'm detailing a Prelude today (I didn't do it Wednesday due to the weather) and I was about to do the engine. I was putting plastic wrap over the things that need it, and I just had a question. One of the battery terminals doesn't have the little rubber cover thing over it, and there is quite a lot of that blueish dried stuff around the terminal (I guess it's battery acid dried?). I was wondering if I needed to cover the terminal, and if so, what should I cover it with? Is that stuff strong enough to eat through the plastic wrap? My Dad isn't answering his phone so I had to post here lol. Thanks in advance!!
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Re: Quick question

Never mind...I talked to one of my friends and he said I don't need to.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
      Hi y'all,
      I'm detailing a Prelude today (I didn't do it Wednesday due to the weather) and I was about to do the engine. I was putting plastic wrap over the things that need it, and I just had a question. One of the battery terminals doesn't have the little rubber cover thing over it, and there is quite a lot of that blueish dried stuff around the terminal (I guess it's battery acid dried?). I was wondering if I needed to cover the terminal, and if so, what should I cover it with? Is that stuff strong enough to eat through the plastic wrap? My Dad isn't answering his phone so I had to post here lol. Thanks in advance!!
      Use a water and baking soda solution to remove the "blueish dried stuff". You may need to use a brush too. You will not need to cover the terminal when you wash the engine. Be carefull of using too much water pressure.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
        Hi y'all,

Blue stuff is corrosion. Perfectly normal to find on a battery. A can of Coke will help you in removing it.

Comment

As stated above, its just normal corrosion. I usually just hit it with a wire brush. You can then add a thin coating of Vaseline, this will stop it from corroding.

Graeme

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');