• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally used the PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally used the PC

Well, I got my garage up to a scorching 54 degrees and started on the hood with #80. I'm about 3/4 of the way done and I'm not sure which wax I want to put on. The finish will be mostly swirl free, but not perfect by my standards. Theres a few random "deeper" scratches. The plan will be to do #80 again in the near future, but sometime after waxing. So the question...#21 followed by #26 or GC? I'm leaning towards GC, from an expense standpoint, considering I'll polish again in the next few weeks. My other question is...Can I just go straight to #80 over the wax in two or three weeks?(After washing of course) Keep in mind, its not a daily driver and may only see daylight a few times in 3 weeks.

Re: Finally used the PC

#80 + wax is a fine combination, + 2 coats of wax if you have time is even better.

I like #21, but if you want to experiment with a little mixing and matching, try a panel of each, and see if you see anything different, that you like, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Finally used the PC

#26 is curing now. Thats the first carnauba I've ever used. I wanted to put 21 on, but I didn't because the finish is not what I want. The reason I didn't put the 21 on, is because its a little spendy to put on and then polish it off in a couple weeks. I'm going to put a second application and call it a night. One of a few times I really enjoy labor.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');