• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first #26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first #26

Have a question, I just bought my first #26, while I wanted, and ordered, a bottle in liquid form I got paste instead. Well no biggie really I figured why not, I will just bye a bottle down the road of liquid. Only when I open the top the paste is really hard, hard enough that I can hardly get any on the applicator. Is this the norm? I can hold the container upside down and shake and I can feel, and hear, the wax flopping around.

Just wanted to clarify I got a bad one before I have my jobber replace it.

-Jeff
    1998 Camaro-Tangerine Candy with Silver stripes

Re: My first #26

It is suppost to be like a really massive clump of wax. Rubbing your pad over it transfers it from the jar to the pad and eventually to the car. It should not be substance with the viscosity of for example peanut butter, it is supposed to be very solid.

The great thing of such a solid mass is that you can layer really thin when applying to your car.
    Fiat Bravo 1.4S 12V : My Pride & Joy
    ShowYourSound

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

i have paste and liquid and the paste is better by FAR.youll be very happy w/the paste.
      http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ikescar002.jpg

OP/#21/#26

Comment

In the can, #26 paste is harder than the NXT Paste. The flopping around you hear in the can would be normal. It should liquify when you put some on an applicator pad though.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

The paste is very hard and goes a long way. Something that helps spead the wax is to slightly wet your applicator with some distilled water.

Comment

Is it advisable to wax by hand? Or can it be done with the PC?

I also have #26 but havent used it yet. (Cant wait though)...

Comment

Originally posted by yakky View Post
              The paste is very hard and goes a long way. Something that helps spread the wax is to slightly wet your applicator with some distilled water.
              Just to chime in here, Meguiar's does not recommend adding water to any waxing process, it will adulterate or pollute the the wax as well as the process. This is a technique from the old days that was often recommend by other wax companies, but never Meguiar's.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by chinocapuchino View Post
                Is it advisable to wax by hand? Or can it be done with the PC?

I also have #26 but havent used it yet. (Cant wait though)...
                It's an either or situation, machines will always outperform the human hand, so if you have a machine use it, if not then the next best thing is your hand, it's also your only option.

Read this,

Will I notice a difference if I use the G-100
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Just to chime in here, Meguiar's does not recommend adding water to any waxing process, it will adulterate or pollute the the wax as well as the process. This is a technique from the old days that was often recommend by other wax companies, but never Meguiar's.
                  Mike, what would you recommend instead? I've found it really makes the wax a lot easier to apply. The only other alternative is to load up the pad which wastes the product and/or applies it too thick. I'm using the yellow meguiars foam applicators.

Comment

Meguiar's policy is to use our waxes straight out of the bottle or can on a clean applicator pad or machine buffing pad without adding any other product or ingredient to them.

If you find a technique that works for you, then you can pursue this on your own, however we cannot recommend or endorse it on our forum. We have to consider the big picture and while your technique may work for you, this is now how our chemists formulated these types of products to be applied. So if someone uses this approach and runs into problems, we will try to help them with a solution, but in the big picture we never recommended this technique in the first place.

Make sense?
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');