• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to detailing and need a little help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to detailing and need a little help...

I have the deep crystal system steps 1 - 3 and was wondering if all steps needed to be performed on the same day. Or can you do step one and then the next day wash it again and polish? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: New to detailing and need a little help...

I don't see a problem with that, except the fact of doing the "wash the car thing" again 3 times. however the little bad thing that may happen, is that when you apply the polish, and then wash the car again, is to remove a fair amount of polishing oils and reducing the wet look effect. so maybie when you polish, wax the vehicle to prevent this from happening.

I'm putting a maybe because I know good car wash soaps do not strip wax, but I don't know what effect would they have stripping or removing unsealed polish (pure polish that has not been covered with a layer of wax)

Hope this helps
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

yes that does help me since i just finished the polish step and was curious about if it would be ok to leave the car in the garage overnight and wax first thing in the morning. Could that have an ill effect on the outcome of the polish?

Comment

Originally posted by marfcus View Post
        yes that does help me since i just finished the polish step and was curious about if it would be ok to leave the car in the garage overnight and wax first thing in the morning. Could that have an ill effect on the outcome of the polish?
        No, if the car has a little dust on it, just run round the car using Quick Detailer, then 1 thin coat of wax, depending on the weather where you are, wait a few hours and apply a second thin coat of wax and your good to go.

Graeme

Comment

thanks graeme, what is quick detailer and if the car has a little dust on it in the morning can i just take a dry clean microfiber cloth to it and brush it off or no? Also i have the next tech wax and was wondering if i should skip the step three carnuba wax and just use the tech or should i do a thin coat of carnuba and a thin coat of tech?

Comment

Never use a dry MF as it may scratch.
            Always use Quik Detailer

Comment

Originally posted by marfcus View Post
              Also i have the next tech wax and was wondering if i should skip the step three carnuba wax and just use the tech or should i do a thin coat of carnuba and a thin coat of tech?
              You could try a thin coat of each and see how it looks, put the Nxt on last. When it comes to the wax's it is really personal preference, just experiment as I do, I try different combinations to see what looks better in my eyes.
              To give you an example have a look here at my post about sandwiching polish and wax.

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Comment

I have personally washed and polished on first day, then (instead of rewashing) use a MF and Quik Detail spray to get dust off car on second day, before applying wax. I had no problems.

Comment

so could i wash the car again after the polish is on or would that pretty much remove everything i have done or should i just get in the car and go to the nearest auto store and pick up a bottle of the quick detail?

Comment

I'd go with the B option just to make sure none of the polishing oils wear down with the washing process.
                    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');