• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many pads should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many pads should I get?

Heya folks!!

I just got my first PC, (thanks Steve) and was wondering about how many pads I should grab along with the backing plate. I was thinking of getting 1X 7006 pad for the MF bonnets, 3x 8006 pads & 2x 9006 pads to start me off. What do yas think? I'm buying these mainly for my Ram which is black & in need of some major TLC.

I'm thinking 1 8006 for 83, 1 for 80, & an extra 8006 just in case. Then a couple 9006's for my wax. I was thinking two 9006's in case I decide to lay down NXT & 21 together. I'm suppose to use dedicated pads right?? I also heard from another forum member who just worked on his Ram that having extra 8006 pads is a good idea as they get saturated & the Ram is so freaking huge. Let me know what you guys think. Am I getting too many or not enough? I don't want to be working away then think I should have ordered an extra 8006 or 9006 pad.

Cheers
    Sean

Re: How many pads should I get?

I think you have the right idea, and probably a good idea to play it safe if your truck is similarly sized.

ADS has some good prices for a case, might be the way to go, or two cases if you want a lot of extras.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: How many pads should I get?

The package with a backing plate, 2 polishing and 1 finishing was what I started with and it was for me, a good choice. It took care of all my needs for my own vehicles. Actually, the finishing pad was not of any real value to me since I hand apply my LSP. The only time I use the PC to apply the LSP is if I have had it out dong some polishing. Otherwise, it's faster for me to just apply it by hand. I also prefer to remove my LSP by hand.
      Adding the kit with just the 2 polishing pads and a finishing pad, (no backing plate), at a later date pretty well fixed me up to do a few vehicles for friends.
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');