• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do pads last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do pads last?

I haven't used my G100 much at all, only a couple of panels on my car so far with #80. I'm using an 8006 pad.

It seems like the foam is starting to degrade a little bit. It looks like it's wearing away.

I guess I would expect it to wear with the work it's doing, but how long do they last? Better yet, how do you know when to replace it?
    It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Re: How long do pads last?

Well, I have had a couple pads around for 4 years and still use them the best one is a Meguiars Finishing pad, they get the 'gentle' use since they only apply wax and its at a lower speed. I keep plenty on hand should I have a problem with one I have some backups.

Where is your pad wearing? Is it on the back of the pad around the edge of the velcro? If so, it could be you are using too much pressure or the pad wasn't centered on the backing plate.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
      Well, I have had a couple pads around for 4 years and still use them the best one is a Meguiars Finishing pad, they get the 'gentle' use since they only apply wax and its at a lower speed. I keep plenty on hand should I have a problem with one I have some backups.

Where is your pad wearing? Is it on the back of the pad around the edge of the velcro? If so, it could be you are using too much pressure or the pad wasn't centered on the backing plate.
      It is wearing on the face of the pad. The business side and mostly near the middle of the pad. It's not a lot, but it just seems like more than I would expect for how little use is on it.
      It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

Originally posted by mckeand13 View Post
        It is wearing on the face of the pad. The business side and mostly near the middle of the pad. It's not a lot, but it just seems like more than I would expect for how little use is on it.
        I have not had that problem, is the pad saturated with product? Someone else will chime in with another idea.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');