• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#7 Polish...My missing step that I found!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7 Polish...My missing step that I found!!!

Hello all. I just wanted share my experience as i've been a long time user of Meguiars products. Recently (within the last 3 years) I have been seriously researching the art of detailing automobiles; the and do's and don'ts, the products that work, processes/tips that help.

To keep a long story short, I am by no means a professional detailer, but i do have a garage full of products (mostly meguiars). I do all of my waxing by hand (i still have yet to invest in an orbital buffer). In the last 7 years, I have owned 5 cars, 4 of them being black...yes, no need for me to explain WHY all of a sudden I became obsessed with detailing as my black cars are enough of an excuse!!! I have been a die-hard Carnuba wax fan from the beginning and I don't think I will ever drift too far away from carnuba waxes for my black cars.

Anyway, I currently own a 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Black, bought used). Before this car I had a 2005 Nissan 350Z (black, bought new). Now with the 350z having fresh paint with only 7 miles on the odometer, I didn't worry too much about the shine, but boy was i wrong. Minor swirl marks from the factory made me cringe. The steps I used to get this car shining again were:
    1. Wash car (all the appropriate goodies:soap, mitts, etc...)
    2. Zymol Cleaner Wax
    3. Meguiars NXT Wax
    4. In between waxes I'd use Mequiars Quick Wax spray

Now with just those simple steps the car shined like no other (see pics below). People would ask me in parking lots how I got the car so shiny. I simply tell them you need to own a black car to understand what clean means, that and tons of elbow grease!

Now my G35 coupe was another story. I bought this used with 31,000 miles on it and used the exact same steps. It didn't shine the way my 350Z did. I couldn't figure out why after 3 waxes with the same techniques, the car didn't have that deep shine to it . So I remembered vaguely reading online in some other detailing forum about polishers after the washing/cleaner wax step. I went down to my auto parts store and picked up a bottle of Meguiars #7 Polish. Rushed home, got the car ready and the results were AMAZING!!!!! Doing my front fender first, the surface literally squeaked as I was buffing the polish off. UNREAL!!!! My car surface never squeaked so much. After that I applied mequiars Gold Class and what a difference the polish made by making the process of applying the wax and buffing off SO MUCH EASIER!!!! The wax literally went on and buffed off with almost no resistance. The shine afterwards was AMAZING!!!! Slick surface and NO STATIC!!! Before the polish my car was a dust magnet!

In the end I will NEVER wax my car without the #7 polish first. Thank you Meguiars for a great product at a great price that delivers. You've made another satisfied customer! I'm thinking of switching to the Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26 judging from user opinions in these forums. Wish me luck!

By the way, I love the quick interior detail wipes and leather wipes!!!

Re: #7 Polish...My missing step that I found!!!

Hi domenic! Great job on your car I love the really deep gloss you got there and nice car too. The same thing happened to me with the #7 Show Car Glaze the first time i used it, I fell in love with it instantly its like love at first sight.

SYDSTER

Comment

wow that is soooooo much shine! i love the before last picture, the colors are great! I use #7 as well and love it just a much as you do!
      Fiat Bravo 1.4S 12V : My Pride & Joy
      ShowYourSound

(\__/)
      (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
      (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Awesome man. How I wish my car is black. I have a silver car. Anyhow great review & thank u. The next time if I get a black car, I'll try the #7 definately.

Comment

Great awesome results. Some people in my most visited german detailers forum gave me the advice to use #7 before waxing. So I have ordered one bottle and I cant wait to get it.

Comment

Wow! Your car looks great! The photos look like they are from and advertisement.

Oh and welcome to MOL!
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

No words, . . . just, . . . WOW
              I just love detailing

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post

Wow! Your car looks great! The photos look like they are from and advertisement.

Oh and welcome to MOL!
                Thanks for the comments guys! I've been a nut for the serious deep-black gloss shine since my 1992 Black Cavalier. That #7 polish is something else! I can't wait to use the #26 Wax, opinions are through the roof in satisfaction from it.

The pics of the car were taken with my trusty ol' Kodak Z740 camera, it did wonders that day, the sunlight was perfect in downtown Fort worth, Texas. There were actually 3 other G35's that day, we got together for a simple photoshoot with our digital cameras and they came out great. Those last 2 pics are my favorite!

The white G35 you see in the last pic is actually sponsored by Meguiars. I keep begging for it for my car (I think I have more products in my garage than that guy, and a better shine! ).

And I didn't know people from all over the world post in these forums! Looks like the detailing bug hits people worldwide!

Comment

The cars look awesome!!

I do have a question though.I thought that you would put #7 on AFTER you wax,but you do it before??I saw this step in the video.

This cured your static problem as well??I have a black Mustang and the static is horrific,I mean when I use the white towels my car looks terrible.I mean there is so much static that you can see every piece of lint left behind by the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by 97gtdroptop View Post
                    The cars look awesome!!

I do have a question though.I thought that you would put #7 on AFTER you wax,but you do it before??I saw this step in the video.

This cured your static problem as well??I have a black Mustang and the static is horrific,I mean when I use the white towels my car looks terrible.I mean there is so much static that you can see every piece of lint left behind by the towel.
                    That is correct. I put on #7 before the wax. Most steps I read from other forums was to polish before wax, and the static disappeared. Try it and let us know how it works.

Comment

That 2nd last picture, is....simply..STUNNING!!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');