• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#20 after #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #20 after #7

Hi guys! The title of my thread pretty much sums it up. I will be detailing my car next weekend and my plan of attack is to

1. Clay
    2. DC1 with the PC
    3. #7 Show Car Glaze by hand
    4. #20 Polymer Sealant by hand ????
    5. #26 Yellow Wax ( to be applied the next day) by hand

My question is wont the #20 take off the #7? Because if I am not mistaken it says at the back of the bottle of #20 that it cleans and protects. If there is any cleaning action in it won
    SYDSTER

Re: #20 after #7

Hey,

I have used #7 topped with #20/26 for over 20 years and loved the combo...still do!

The cleaners in the #20 will remove some of the #7 but not enough of it to lose the gains from applying it. Remember, #20 has very mild cleaners when compared to something like a dedicated cleaner wax.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
      Hey,

I have used #7 topped with #20/26 for over 20 years and loved the combo...still do!

The cleaners in the #20 will remove some of the #7 but not enough of it to lose the gains from applying it. Remember, #20 has very mild cleaners when compared to something like a dedicated cleaner wax.

Tim
      Thanks a lot 2hotford.
      SYDSTER

Comment

Hey,

Tim
        2hotford,
        how do you apply #7?
        Apply and remove panel by panel
        or you go over the whole car once with #7, and then go around removing with a microfibre a few times?...
        Appreciate your input

Comment

Hey,

I prefer to apply the #7 one panel at a time. I have always used that method and have never had a single problem with #7. Meg's #7 is the richest pure polish they carry. And...since it is a pure polish, it does not dry but rather skins over. I will apply it to a panel with a foam applicator and massage it into the paint. I then use 2 MF towels. One for the initial wipe and the second for the final wipe. Then move on to the next panel and repeat.

I hope that helps!

Tim

Comment

Hey,

I prefer to apply the #7 one panel at a time. I have always used that method and have never had a single problem with #7. Meg's #7 is the richest pure polish they carry. And...since it is a pure polish, it does not dry but rather skins over. I will apply it to a panel with a foam applicator and massage it into the paint. I then use 2 MF towels. One for the initial wipe and the second for the final wipe. Then move on to the next panel and repeat.

I hope that helps!

Tim
            Thanks for this. It is always a bit confusing trying to decipher the different products. Your experience is very helpful, sir.

Regards...
            2007 Toyota Yaris
            2001 Volvo S60 T5
            1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by keesue View Post
              Thanks for this. It is always a bit confusing trying to decipher the different products. Your experience is very helpful, sir.

Regards...

No Problem! If you have any other questions, just ask!

Tim

Comment

Hi guys,

On the subject of #7 recently, since the weather has turned a bit colder, I have found #7 to be pretty much a doddle to both apply and remove whereas in the summer time it can be problematic until you get the hang of it.

Just some info that might be of interest.

Bryan

PS how's things Tim, happy new year did you have nice one?

Comment

Looking up "doddle" now.......

Comment

Originally posted by STG View Post
                    Looking up "doddle" now.......
                    "doddle" = eeezzzyyy peeezzzzyyy = a peice of cake = straight forward

Bryan

Comment

Hey,

I hope that helps!

Tim
                      Thanks for the tip tim!, I've always had some trouble applying #7, does putting more product or less product on a panel affect the ease of removal?
                      Or it's just the same?

and what benefits do you expect from #7? wet-looks? or depth?...or...hmmm..

again, thanks for the tip! It's really helpful

Comment

Hey,

A thin even coat of #7 is all that is required. By placing too much on the surface, it will become more difficult to remove; as well, you are wasting product.

The benefit of #7 is more noticeable on dark colors. However, you can obtain incredible gloss on lighter colors. On white vehicles, I always use #7 as it provides even more gloss, IMHO.

If you are having problems with the appliaction of #7, you can use instead #81 Hand Polish. It is easier to remove but it has less rich polishing oils compared to #7.

Tim

Comment

Hey,

I hope that helps!

Tim

i do it the same way. EASIEST AND BEST WAY.

i made the mistake once of doing like three panels and was very angry at the labour in involved to take off three panels of #7.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');