• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Ed

I am trying to find a product that will remove stubborn water marks from my windshield and other windows. I was told to use a buffer and ceramic cook top cleaner liquid. Has anyone tried this, is there a better way ?
    Windex and ammonia based cleaners do nothing to remove the water marks.

Re: Mr. Ed

Claying got rid of water spots on mine, but they werent as bad as some people have them.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

We would also recommend using a clay bar to remove the water spots on the window.
      John Keeling
      Meguiar's Customer Care
      800.854.8073 x113

Comment

I tried steel wool on mine and it did NOTHING. I am going to try some #83 on my PC sometime this spring.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I have had some pretty good success using a product called "Ducky".
          You can get it at boating supply stores.

Comment

I also clayed my windows. Went over them twice and now the family says are the windows up or down lol
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by HOVA235 View Post
              I am trying to find a product that will remove stubborn water marks from my windshield and other windows. I was told to use a buffer and ceramic cook top cleaner liquid. Has anyone tried this, is there a better way ?
              Windex and ammonia based cleaners do nothing to remove the water marks.
              Hi HOVA235! For Stubborn water spots and stains on glass I use P&S Glass and Chrome Cleaner Polish it works great for me
              SYDSTER

Comment

One thing that I have done that has worked well for me is to use windex and newspaper. Spray the windex onto the glass and then use plain old black and white newspaper print and buff the glass. The ink works as a polish and the paper is very absorbent. Don't worry, its not going to turn your glass black. Once you have done that, just spray whatever glass cleaner you like to use for you car and wipe glean with microfiber towel. Just make sure you use windex when wiping the window with the newspaper because windex has amonias in it that help. This works for me, and you don't really have to buy anything extra per say. Oh, and I ussually don't do this on my rear window because it has the defroster coil in it and I heard this method can harm them. Good luck, hope you get the water marks out!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');