• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better for garage lighting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better for garage lighting???

I am trying to decide between buying the stanley LED tripod light, or a flourescent light setup that I will hang on the wall down low. I want something that will make seeing the sides of the car easier and while the tripod light has no cord, and is easily to move, the flourescent light setup would probably throw off more light. BTW, I know some of you guys use the Dual Xenon light to find swirls but I want something that is hands free.

Re: Better for garage lighting???

Fluorescents are good but usually not too mobile. I think OctaneGuy modified one so it would roll around on a wheeled base, but I can't find a picture of it. You can pick up a dual-head halogen stand light at Wal-Mart or Lowe's for around $30. That's what I use and it works great.
    "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');