• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! Black Car Woes Arrg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Black Car Woes Arrg

Hi all, new to the forum, I have question, or 4 if someone could help me please. fficeffice" />

Here's what I got: Black 03 Mustang
    Meguires # 40 polish
    Meguiars #21 Speed Glaze
    ffice:smarttags" />MeguiarsClayBar

Here's the problem..
    Did the whole car about 4 weeks ago, Clayed, Polished Speed glazed, in that order. I let the wax sit for about 2 hours. By the time I took it off it was dark and cold out and I missed a lot of wax spots and the wax was real slimy, didn't come off "flakey" if you will. So now, 4 weeks later I decide to wash my car and I notice all this grey all over my car and a bunch of what looks like haze or like oily buff marks on my car that I can't get rid of by washing. Did I just let the wax sit for too long and have too much product on my car, and is it safe to repeat the process of claying polishing and waxing only 4 weeks later.

Please Help Frustrated

Thanks

Joe

www.thestableproductions.com
    03 Black Cobra Coupe

Re: Help!! Black Car Woes Arrg

Besides having the right products you need the right tools, the right pads and you need to use the right techniques for applying and removing products.

Our waxes don't need to stay on the car for 2 hours by the way, where did you get that?

How did you apply the M80? What kind of tool?
    What kind of pad are you using?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Are you typing in a different word processing program and then copy and pasting into the forum?

Your post has some html code in it?

Did you post this on a different forum and copy and paste over here?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

no just using a MAC??

It wasn't on purpose that I let it set I usally take it off right away. I have a porter cabel and all the correct pad, should I just try the process again?
        03 Black Cobra Coupe

Comment

You said that you took the wax off at night. was the car outside? Maybe the dew was on the car which made it slimy?

You could try to clay some of the areas that are gray and use a paint cleaner?
          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

What you need to do is dial in your process to one small area first, see if you can make a small area look good with your products and process, if you can't make a small area look good then you shouldn't be going over the entire car.

We've been doing this a long time and after all these years we still do a test spot using our products and process of choice to a small area before going over the entire car.

There's a class coming up on February 24th that you can attend and bring your car to, we will show you how to use the correct technique and the right products to reach your car care goals.

Note how a test spot was done here before the entire car was worked on.

What you want to do is to see if you can make a small section look good and if you can then repeat the process that made the small section look good to the entire car. It's called, "Doing a Test Spot"

Test Spot on a Mosler to remove scratches and restore clarity to the clear coat.

After our choice of products were applied and wiped off to the test spot the Mosler was pulled out into the sun to inspect. The products and procedures selected worked in the test spot and then they were duplicated over the entire car.

Once you dial-in a successful procedure to one small area, all you have to do is repeat the procedure over the entire car. If you can make one small area look good, it's not a leap of faith to figure out you can make the entire car look good.

LSP applied (NXT in this case after machine cleaning and polishing)

LSP removed

The test spot on this car was about 12" square. You an do a larger test spot, you really don't need to get any larger than a 16" by 16" area to check your results.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

hey thanks for that i will give it a try this weekend
              03 Black Cobra Coupe

Comment

After you've done a test spot & determined the products you've selected accomplish what you're trying to do, is it best to tape-off the test spot again so you don't re-clean/polish/wax it? Or do you just do the whole car, test spot and all?
                "All the sweetest winds they blow across the South." - Ryan Adams

Comment

Thanks for all that.

What worries me is that I just did the car 4 weeks agao. Am I in Danger of messing anything up by doing it again so soon.
                  03 Black Cobra Coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');