• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M66 Quick Detailer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M66 Quick Detailer question

I wanted to try this out so I ordered the sample bottle from ADS. It came in one of the generic 12 oz. squeeze bottles. How does one go about using this stuff? I imagine its probably pretty straight forward, but I wanted to consult the pros.
    "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Re: M66 Quick Detailer question

I use either a 8006 or 9006 pad to apply depending on what I want to do. I go with the PC on speed 5 if I want to do some work or speed 3 if I am just wanting to basically wax. Work it like a polish if you want to do some defect correction but instead of wiping it off right away like a polish do the entire car and let it dry to a haze like you would a wax. I really like 66 and I doubt you'll be dissapointed.
    Jason

Comment

Thanks, Jason! I'll experiment with it tomorrow on my wife's beater. Thanks for the info!
      "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Work it like a polish if you want to do some defect correction but instead of wiping it off right away like a polish do the entire car and let it dry to a haze like you would a wax.
        Is this true? I just started using #66 and I was under the impression that once you've worked it in, you just need to wipe it off, like other cleaners and polishes. I have had excellent results doing it this way. I can see why you might want to let it haze because it does have wax in it. Just curious if this is really needed or recommended by Meguiars.

Thanks,
        Jarred
        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

If you want wax on your car you have to let it haze.

Comment

so if you're using 66 as a one step product you want to let it dry to haze before taking it off. But if you're using a different lsp on top of it then you want to wipe it off like a cleaner or polish, correct?
            Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

If you are using it just for it's polishing properties then I would suggest going with 80 instead. The whole idea of 66 is that you don't *have* to follow with a wax, since it is a wax. I sometimes follow 66 with NXT on my GF's car. But I still let it haze before I remove it. 66 is a great product and it does a good job of removing slight defects and providing protection in just one step.
              Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jarred767 View Post
                so if you're using 66 as a one step product you want to let it dry to haze before taking it off. But if you're using a different lsp on top of it then you want to wipe it off like a cleaner or polish, correct?
                Even if you're using it as a cleaner before applying another wax, it's a good idea to let it dry because it won't take long to dry in the first place and by letting it dry you'll be leaving some wax protection behind you can build on with your next coat of wax.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');