• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Brush

I made a mistake. I was looking for a brush to clean my wheels.

I went to Meguiars site and looked under "Car Detailing Accessories>Wheel/Tire Brushes". Since there was only one brush in this page (under the heading: Wheel/Tires Brushed", I assumed this brush could be used for both wheels and tires.

I received it today together with other products. I read the labels and this brush is made only to clean ties, not wheels.

Can I use it to clean the wheels? Are the bristles too rough for the wheel finish ?

Re: Tire Brush

Not knowing what the brush looks like, I would still say "Don't use it on your wheels!!!" There is a reason why it is made for tires. Tire brushes are usually much stiffer. A wheel brush is going to be soft so as not to scratch the delicate surface of today's wheels. Most wheels today have a clear coat on them. This is just like your vehicle paint. You would never take a tire brush to your paint so don't do it to your wheels.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Yeah, your best bet would not be using it on your tires. I have the same brush, it has the stiff black bristles in the center for your tires, and a thin row of the soft yellow ones on the outside, so you have a little buffer zone so you don't scuff your wheels if you accidently brush them while doing your tires. The brush would more than likely scratch the clearcoat on your rims.

Check out your local Big Lots if you have one close, most of Meguiar's brushes were discontinued, and Big Lots seems to have a ton of their overstock for sale for very cheap. See if you can find their wheel face brush, I have one also and it's great.
      2003 Matrix XRS *Sold*
      2002 Mustang GT
      2005 Subaru STi *coming this spring!*

Comment

Originally posted by astaticwinter View Post
        Yeah, your best bet would not be using it on your tires.

I believe he means your best bet would not be using it on your WHEELS.
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Long day at work I'm fried.

Yeah, I meant wheels...don't use it on your WHEELS, haha.
          2003 Matrix XRS *Sold*
          2002 Mustang GT
          2005 Subaru STi *coming this spring!*

Comment

I've got the Meg's wheel & tire brush. I would definitely say the tire brush bristles are far to coarse to use on a rim. If you've got a local Big Lots nearby, check them out..they usually have a bunch of those brushes for cheap.

Comment

Rims = Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush Short Handle

Tyres = Versa-Angle Tire Brush

works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');