• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raking carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raking carpet

Today, we just had our house carpet professionally cleaned. I was talking with the guy, and asked him about raking the weathermats and carpet in my car. He said it would seem like a good idea and it would prevent from permanent indentations from occuring and would keep the nap up. Do any of yall know or have any experience with raking the carpet of a car?
    '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
    '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
    Attention to detail is the key to success
    Steve

Re: Raking carpet

I always brush the carpet with an all purpose brush as im vaccuming, im assuming its the same thing your talking about.

Comment

Im talking about using a metal rake that is specifically designed for carpet. Its almost like a rake that they use in sand traps.
      '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
      Steve

Comment

What is the purpose of the rake? Im assuming its for the same reason i use a brush.

The purpose of me using an all purpose brush while vaccuming is to:
        A) Get the deep dirt out of the deep nap of the carpet
        B) Fluffs up the carpet at the same time, giving some of its plushness back.

Comment

Yeah i think you are right. I think that the rake just might do a little better job seeing that it is metal and can really get down into the nap of the carpet. I was just hoping that someone did the same thing. Maybe i will try and then i will post the results up. Thanks for your help though.
          '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
          Steve

Comment

I work hard to get that spot for my heel right behind the break. I do use carpet samples above the factory carpets though, so you kind of have to work them. The raking just doesn't sounds right to me though.
            "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

When I really want to get my mats cleaned, I take them into the house and use the house vacuum on them. It really gets the deep down grit and helps raise the nap. I know what you mean about the nap where your heel rests - it gets some of that out, but not all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaner5 View Post
                I work hard to get that spot for my heel right behind the break. I do use carpet samples above the factory carpets though, so you kind of have to work them. The raking just doesn't sounds right to me though.
                yeah the spot behind my clutch is the worst.

but my solution. i got two sets of mats. this summer i'm getting my JCW mats and will have three.

one for rain.

one for sun.

one for whatever.

this way i don't get those indents.

but when vacuming i just use the lint and hair brush MEGS has and it works fine for me.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');